Easy 3 miles this morning. My left shin didn’t hurt at all despite plaguing me on and off for most of the last two days. My right shin, however, was uncomfortable (not painful, thank goodness) the entire run. What in the world? Stretch. Foam roll. PT. That’s the name of the game.
Supplements. I used to be anti-supplement, which I think I’ve mentioned before. Mr. Neon is silently chuckling somewhere as he reads this. I used to complain about his supplement purchases when he was weight lifting. We buy WAY more now that we are triathlon-ing.
So what’s in my hand?
- Glucosamine chondroitin. We get the vanilla flavored one from Costco.
- BASE multivitamin and BASE omega 3. These are MAGIC. I have struggled my whole life to find a multivitamin that doesn’t upset my sensitive system. BASE works…just like all of their other products.
- Hylands Calms Forte. I often take these at night during training. It helps with restless leg syndrome and helps me sleep. I also take the Hylands gas pills.
- BASE probiotic. Another fantastic BASE product. I used to use a generic 4x probiotic, but BASE works so much better. The only downside is it has to be refrigerated. The upside…after a crummy food day, two of these can banish bubble gut.
- Generic Zyrtec. Costco brand. I take allergy pills year round. It seems to work for me. It’s been a long time since I’ve had an allergy/cold.
- Generic celexa. Anti-depression. Anti-anxiety. Because life. I developed late onset postpartum depression after Tiny Boy. 10mg for the rest of my life keeps me sane. I’ve tried going off of it who knows how many times, and I can’t. I keep taking it. No shame.
5 days. I promise I’m not freaking out.