…and in the middle of heavy training cycles certain things happen, like…
- The kitchen counter is always sticky. BASE aminos are sticky when you spill them on the counter.
- Laundry Laundry Everywhere! It’s clean, because you only have so many pairs of running shorts and tri shorts. It’s clean, but it’s not put away. Instead of putting it away, you pretend it’s college all over again and you live out of the laundry basket.
- The dishes are never caught up. You only load and run the dishwasher because you only have three big Blender Bottles. Note to self: Buy more big Blender Bottles.
- The dogs are happy, because recovery naps happen often.
- The amount of physical intimacy takes a nosedive. When our bodies hit the bed, we want sleep.
- The DVR is full of ridiculous TV for watching while on the trainer. (Married at First Sight, anyone?) Netflix downloads are your friend when your WiFi is spotty and you are out of data on your phone.
- You don’t compete with each other, except when it comes to who has the better Garmin tan line.
- Donuts are ALWAYS on the grocery list.
I love you, Mr. Neon!