There are six drafts currently hanging out in my blog dashboard. Two of them are long overdue race reports. Ugh. I sit down, start typing, and then get distracted by something. Laundry, the television, a child in desperate need of something, a book, the dog, hunger…
Like right now I glanced back to see what the lazy mutt was doing and realized a couple breakfast plates hadn’t been put in the sink and our wine glasses from last night were still setting there. I loaded the dishwasher and started it. But I sat back down!
So here’s a bullet list of what’s been going on.
- My running is REALLY good lately. I’ve only been running 3 days a week, but I’ve been doing PiYo 4-6 days a week. I seem to have found my niche in running and strength training. I’m averaging over 20 miles per week now and I’m on track to finish 1000 miles in 2015 and probably go over.
- Life is GOOD. The boys are good. Mr. Neon is good, despite dealing with a little plantar fasciitis. Boo. But other than that, life is smooth sailing!
- We are thinking of getting rid of our Keurig and going back to our drip machine and our French press. I have guilt about not recycling nearly as much as we should.
- We got Ooma for our home phone after realizing our landline was costing us $60 a month. $60! GEEZ!
- I made a vow to not buying any new running clothes (not including socks or shoes) until after the marathon. If I can’t stick to it, I am not allowed to race the Tiara Tri next year. Big motivation because outside of half marathons, Tiara Tri is my favorite race of the year.
- The boys started Flying Angels XC practice last Saturday. It was Tiny Boy’s first actual practice with the team. He did really well. He did learn that nutrition is a big part of running though. He’s been eating so much better since then. He usually leaves a few bites of whatever meal he is eating, but now he’s finishing everything and asking for fruit or yogurt for dessert. I love when my kids make good choices like that. Runner Boy is a bit discouraged because he lost some fitness over the winter. I think he’ll be back running 7 and 8 min miles in no time.
- Spring has finally started to arrive. The forecast is in the 60s and 70s ALL WEEK. I really hope the warming trend is here to stay and no more cold days. Spring and fall running is my favorite! And I’m ready for my tan to return.
I think that catches you up. I’ll work on a couple of those drafts, especially the one about Vega. Seriously life changing. Happy Tuesday!