I’ve seen this on two sites this week and it looked fun. No one tagged me in it, but since I still cannot seem to put blogging anywhere near the top of my to-do list, here’s a pre-made post just waiting to be filled out!
Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
- Poodie – My childhood nickname that my husband picked up as well. Where does it come from? When I was a baby, my dad said I looked like a Poodie. What’s a Poodie? A baby me. My dad’s a funny guy.
- Marie – My Mema calls me this. It’s my middle name.
- Mom – Mama and Mommy have been replaced by mom, even by my five-year-old. Sigh. I hear this word a lot, sometimes too much!
- Dutch – My daddy calls me Dutch. I don’t really know why. Sometimes he adds Marie to it and calls me Dutch Marie.
Four jobs I have had:
- Sonic carhop – two summers during college
- Community Assistant – I spent three years at the front desk of the dorms. Loved that job!
- Chem Lab Teaching Assistant – It still blows my mind that I was allowed to do this job as an undergrad. It was fun teaching my peers.
- Librarian – My current occupation and my permanent career. I’ve worked in three libraries so far. Kids and books…my two favorite things!
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- Avatar – This is one of my all time favorites.
- all Pixar and Disney movies – I have kids…what can I say!
- The Family Stone – My favorite Christmas movie. Noel and I watch it together multiple times every December.
- The Cutting Edge – I used to be obsessed with figure skating, and this movie got watched A LOT in high school.
- The Selection, The Elite, The One – AWESOME series. If you like dystopian YA stuff, you must read these!
- The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series – My most favorite YA series to date.
- Watership Down – My favorite book growing up. I had to buy another copy because my first one fell apart.
- Train Like a Mother – My favorite running book.
Four places I have lived:
- Wichita, KS
- Manhattan, KS
- Rose Hill, KS
- Douglass, KS
Four places I have been:
- New York City – with a 3-month-old!
- Table Rock Lake
- Disney World
Four places I’d rather be right now:
- Somewhere warm where I can wear a tank, shorts, and a flip flops
- Manhattan, KS at a K-State football game
- One of my grandparents’ house – I love to visit both sets.
Four things I don’t eat:
- milk – I’m very lactose intolerant.
- fish – I just don’t like it. And I’ve tried!
- peppers – I don’t really like spicy food.
- ham – I’m allergic…we think. I’ve gotten sick the last few times I’ve eaten it. And now the thought just leaves a bad taste in my mouth!
Four of my favorite foods:
- Coffee – is that a food?
- Peanut Butter
- bread, bagels, pasta – I LOVE CARBS!
- Chipotle burrito with rice, black beans, chicken, and LOTS of tomato salsa
Four TV shows that I watch:
- Criminal Minds
- Cutthroat Kitchen – Noel and I LOVE this show!
- Big Band Theory
Four things I’m always saying:
- I need coffee.
- Don’t do that!
- I love you!
- Answering my husband’s daily question of “What’s the workout for today?” I’m our family’s run coach.
Four people I tag:
- WHOEVER WANTS TO DO IT!!