It’s been 10 days since I’ve blogged. Here’s all the lame excuses why…
1. My hubby went back to work last week. I miss him and have been wallowing in a depression without him. Ok…not entirely true, but I do have less free time since I’m the solo parent once again during the daytime hours. I’ve also been doing most of my workouts inside on the treadmill or track. Ok…maybe a little depression from vit-D deficiency. I miss running outside.
2. The big kid went back to school this Wednesday. 2nd grade. Y’all…2nd graders are BIG. How am I old enough to have a second grader? Wasn’t I a second grader yesterday? BTW…second grade was my FAVORITE year of elementary school and so far I think it’s going to be one of John’s too. Mark starts kindergarten on Monday. More on that in a bit.
3. I’m in the middle of training for that little ole fall half marathon. I am planning on demolishing my time from the spring half. I have a goal time in mind, but I think I’ll keep it a secret for now. I’ve been crushing training lately, which is why most of my time is spent keeping the house from falling apart and resting my weary muscles.
So…big changes are coming. Mark is starting kindergarten on Monday, which will mean that with the exception of the one afternoon that I work, I will be ALONE from roughly 7am to 4pm. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MYSELF?! Since I’m in a number mood, here’s what I’m going to do:
1. RUN. SWIM. BIKE. A LOT. Oh my goodness…I am so excited to be able to workout when I want with no time restrictions. No beating the kidzone clock.
2. Ok…in reality, I’ll probably spend the first two days in a ball crying because both of my boys who I just birthed yesterday are in school ALL DAY LONG. WITHOUT ME! Again…how did I get old enough to have two kids in school?
3. Do housework without being interrupted every 5 minutes. No “I’m hungry.” No “he hit me.” No “Can I play minecraft?” No “MOM!”
4. Go grocery shopping in peace. Wandering the aisles, finding new goodies. Trying new recipes without someone dragging over a chair and demanding to “help.”
Uh…this list sounded a lot more exciting in my head. Basically I will get to do everything that I do normally, only without children underfoot.
The other thing I am looking forward to is the time I will spend with my boys when they come home. I plan on maximizing our time together now that it will be less. Dinners at the table. Less TV time in the evening. All good things!
Ok…here’s a random tidbit for closing. I had some coupons to use up from my shopping rewards cards. I hit up Old Navy and perused their clearance racks for dresses. I love dresses. I found one I really liked, but it was an XS. On a whim, I thought I’d try it. IT FIT. PERFECTLY. All the size smalls that I tried on were too big. I bought that XS dress, excited that I officially went from one end of the spectrum (XL) to the other. But then I had a sinking realization. I’m 5lbs away from my ultimate goal weight, which means I’m probably 5lbs away from shopping in the girls section. But hey…they are cheaper and a lot of them are REALLY cute.
Oh…I forgot one. 5. BLOG MORE!